Schaumburg High School's Brian Curtin named Illinois Teacher of the Year
District 211 well-represented among state's "Those Who Excel" award winners
Schaumburg High School English Teacher Brian Curtin was named the 2013 Illinois Teacher of the Year in the 2012 Those Who Excel awards. The State Board annually sponsors the Those Who Excel awards to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the state’s public and non-public schools.
High School District 211 was well-represented among recipients in the Illinois State Board of Education’s 2012 “Those Who Excel” education awards program. All Those Who Excel award recipients were honored by ISBE at the Those Who Excel awards banquet on Saturday, October 20, 2012, in Bloomington, Ill.
High School District 211 Those Who Excel award candidates include (listed alphabetically):
- Hoffman Estates High School Student Services Director Jennifer Beers (administrator category)
- Schaumburg High School English Teacher Brian Curtin (classroom teacher category); 2013 Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Palatine High School Counselor Jennifer Grapenthin (student support personnel category)
- System and Programming Manager Andrew Park (educational service personnel category)
- Fremd High School Viking Advisory & Mentoring Program Team (team category); Team members are: Augie Fontanetta, Chad Jonas, Kristy Loughin-Vance, and Antonette Minniti
|Those Who Excel Award Winners 2012
front row, left to right: Andrew Park, Administration Center, Educational Service Personnel; Jennifer Beers, Hoffman Estates High School, Administrator; Augustino Fontanetta, William Fremd High School, Vamp (Viking Advisory & Mentoring Program); Brian Curtin, Schaumburg High School, Teacher, Teacher of the Year; Chad Jonas, Antonette Minniti, and Kristy Loughin-Vance, William Fremd High School, Vamp (Viking Advisory & Mentoring Program); Jennifer Grapenthin, Palatine High School, Student Support Personnel.