Qualifications to be a Substitute Teacher
- You must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning (which meets the requirements for an Illinois substitute teaching certificate).
- You must hold an Illinois Teaching Certificate, or substitute teaching certificate, registered in Cook County for the current school year. Assistance and/or forms for certification or Cook County registration are available at the Illinois State Board of Education.
- You must have on file in the Personnel Office:
- Copy of Illinois Teaching Certificate or Substitute Teaching Certificate.
- Record of a current TB (x-ray or Mantoux) test. If you have not had a TB test within 90 days of the start of the school year a (Mantoux) test will be given to you at no charge by the School District.
If you have already, or will be able to complete all of these qualifications, please click for information about the required Substitute Teacher Workshop.