On September 13, 2013, High School District 211 will unveil new websites for its five high schools and the administration center. The new websites will have a consistent look and navigation scheme, exemplifying the District 211 brand. In addition to a new look, there will be new features and functionality blended with the best of the familiar old websites.
Here's a short list of what you can look forward to with the new websites ...
- On the home page:
- A new and improved News section, with news briefs on the home page, leading to the NEWS pages, as well as the D211 POST news website
- An EVENTS section with calendar event briefs on the home page, leading to a calendar of events page
- The school sites will have their school’s bell schedule on the home page and the district site will link to the schools sites
- A picture slider highlighting each school's special events and or accomplishments.
- Consistent top-level navigational links on all school sites to enhance the browsing experience and make it similar at all schools. Of course each schools unique features also will be present and easily accessible
- Also on the home page:
- Search box
- A “Font-Size” changer to easily change the size of the fonts on the page.
- Login for parent/students and staff
- General contact information specific to the school in the footer, including a google map, as well as a separate contact link to phone numbers
- And various convenience school-specific links in the footer, which will be consistent across all pages of any given school’s website (but not necessarily across all school websites)
- And of course Emergency Info, Safety Concerns and Accessibility links on all home pages in the same location for each school to ensure easy, quick access.
- On secondary pages:
- Additional, context-sensitive menu links on the left side of each page (if links exist for that page)
- Breadcrumb navigation at the top of each page’s content area
- A consistent header across all pages (both home and secondary pages)
Because all websites will be new, it is important to note that except for the home page addresses, most or all of the secondary page links will not be the same addresses as they were in the old sites. For example, on the current district website, the academics page address is: http://www.d211.org/academics.shtml. The new website will have a different address for this page (and all subsequent pages).
This means that, if you have linked to, or bookmarked any secondary page, like the academics homepage at http://www.d211.org/academics.shtml, you should re-link your bookmarks to the new pages on the new site.
All homepage addresses will remain the same as they are now.
District website = http://www.d211.org
James B Conant website = http://www.chs.d211.org (conantcougars.com will no longer work)
William Fremd website = http://www.fhs.d211.org
Hoffman Estates website = http://www.hehs.d211.org
Palatine website = http://www.phs.d211.org
Schaumburg website = http://www.shs.d211.org
The Academy-North website and the Academy-South website will remain as they are now. New websites will be available for these soon.
Academy-North = http://www.academy-north.org/
Academy-South = http://www.academy-south.org/