Substitute Teacher Information
Qualifications to be a Substitute Teacher
- You must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning (which meets the requirements for an Illinois substitute teaching certificate).
- You must hold an Illinois Teaching Certificate, or substitute teaching certificate, registered in Cook County for the current school year. Assistance and/or forms for certification or Cook County registration are available at the Illinois State Board of Education.
- You must have on file in Human Resources:
- Copy of Illinois Teaching Certificate or Substitute Teaching Certificate.
- Record of a current TB (x-ray or Mantoux) test.
Substitute Teacher Workshop
All new substitutes are required to attend a mandatory New Substitute Teacher Workshop. This workshop is the first step in becoming a substitute teacher in District 211. The workshop is required prior to other mandated steps in our process and we expect that the Workshop will last approximately 2 hours. The next workshop has not been scheduled. Please select the link and fill out the information to be notified of the next workshop. Thank you for your interest in Township High School District 211.
Substitute Teacher Workshop Interest Form